Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mehendi (Henna)- Feb. 17

The night of Feb. 17th a Mehendi man came to the house and put mehendi on Abhinav, me, and other female family members. I had it on my arms up to my elbows and also on my feet, Abhinav put it on his palms and the other ladies had it put on the fronts and backs of their hands. At first it was strange for Abhinav because its normally not for boys but I think he really enjoyed it ;). The whole process took around 4-5 hours to finish all the mehendi and to let it dry.

Its a tradition to put the groom's initials (A) in my mehendi and then he is supposed to try and find it. My initial, J, was also put in his mehendi and I had to find it. People also say that the darker your mehendi ends up, the more your spouse will love you. Abhinav's mehendi was darker than mine...hmmmmm.... ;)

 Close-up of my hands.


 Trying not to touch anything with wet henna :P


 Hands and feet :D


 Abhinav getting his henna.


 Both of us together :)


Abhinav's sister with her henna.

No comments:

Post a Comment