Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wedding Preview

Quick Update: I arrived safe and sound to India Feb.10th :) Abhinav picked me up at the airport and then we took a train to his home. Now I'm here in his home with him and his family. Everything is going well, his parents treat me as their own child and his sister as her own sister. Our wedding date is coming really quickly (FEB 18th!) so there's a lot of preparations being made.

The other night we went out to buy the things I'll be wearing on the actual wedding day(saree, bangles, wedding jewelry, nail polish, makeup, sandals, and more) and some other things I will wear after that. Below are some pictures of the material of my saree as well as the bangles I'll wear during the wedding and the the bangles I'll wear after we are married. Picking out which saree, bangles, jewelry, etc. that I wanted was a little bit difficult because there are so many options and shopkeepers and store owners start laying every item they possibly can in front of you until you find something you like.

Along with the saree and bangles, I'm also wearing pounds and pounds of jewelry...a lot of it is special wedding jewelry that is rented and returned to a shop and some is given to me by Abhinav's mom. I got to see all of it today, its really beautiful. 

(my wedding saree, beautiful right?)

                                              (bangles, top for wedding day, bottom for after)

This week Abhinav's family will be coming on the 16th and 17th to start all of the wedding functions. I'm not 100% sure of everything that will be happening but I do know that either the 16th or 17th will be dancing, fun and mehendi (henna). After the 18th there are still things will have to do on the 19th and 20th with some of the family also.

More pictures/updates to come soon. I miss home lots but I'm also looking forward to getting married, I only wish my family could be here to share this time with me.

Love,
Jess

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, we'll be with you in spirit! We're all excited for you and wish we could be there to celebrate with you and Abhinav! But since we can't, post lots of pix and we'll be there virtually!
    Lots of love and bets wishes from Stuttgart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg what a coinscidence I also got to India on feb 10th and got married on the 18th! :)

    ReplyDelete