Monday, April 25, 2011

Indian Easter

Yesterday was the first Easter I've spent away from home and the usual traditions of Easter. We didn't have a big Easter Egg dying event(though I did get an Easter Egg surprise), no Egg Hunts or Easter brunches with the family. Actually, it seemed like just another normal day going outside into the marketplace, with most people unaware of such a big holiday that I am used to back home. Abhinav and I went to Easter church service and had special "brunch" food outside. He even gave me one surprise that might not seem like much, but it actually meant a lot to me...

After hearing about our tradition of dying Easter Eggs, Abhinav set off to try it himself and surprise me. Since we don't have any Easter Egg dyes or other interesting things to make colors, he boiled this egg in black tea and dyed it brown...pretty creative, and I was happy to still have a little bit of home tradition here in India. :)


Happy Easter everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment